Customer Culinary Creation: Tandoori Mushroom Tikka
By - Shruthi Nagendra
Minimum ~ 45 mins
Course: Appetizer, Entree
Cuisine: South Asian
Serves: ~ 4 people
- Air Fryer (or Oven)
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Cutting knife
- Aluminum foil
- Skewers (wooden or metal)
- 12 Button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onions diced in cubes
- 1/2 cup bell peppers diced in cubes(choose any bell pepper color)
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- Desifyd Original Tandoori Marinade
- Desifyd T’ah Karke Sauce (optional as a dipping sauce)
- Wash and clean the button mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions thoroughly
- Dice onions and bell peppers into cubes
- Add mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers to a mixing bowl
- Pour 4oz of Desifyd Tandoori Marinade to the mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients with a mixing spoon
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap/or foil and let the mixture sit for a minimum of 45 mins in refrigerator (overnight for best results)
- Take skewers (if wooden, ensure they are soaked in water for a minimum of 30 minutes to prevent splinters) and stick the mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers on the skewers in an alternating fashion. Repeat for remaining skewers and ingredients.
- Set your air fryer to 350°F (if using oven, preheat to 350°F, cover oven tray with foil if necessary)
- Air Fry/Bake for 30 mins; flip skewers periodically until desired doneness reached. For crispy mushrooms, broil skewers for an additional 3 mins in air fryer/oven for an additional flavor punch!
- Remove skewers from air fryer/oven and sprinkle chaat masala and lime juice on top of each skewer as per desired flavor.
- Plate and serve alongside Desifyd T’ah Karke Dipping Sauce
The amount of food you can cook at a time will vary depending on the size of your air fryer basket. Remember not to overcrowd your air fryer basket/oven. Cook Time may vary depending on cooking appliance.